Goals of this lesson
- Learn how to trigger start events via messages
Model 6 displays a process with a Timer Start Event and a process with a Message Start Event. We will use the upper pool's message sending end event to trigger the message receiving start event of the lower pool.
Figure 1: Model 6 - Triggering Start Events / IYOPRO-Link
- The upper process starts after the given time span provided by the stochastic distribution.
- The lower process starts with the incoming message that is sent by the upper process' End Event.
- As you already learned in lesson Messages without an explicit edge or in Linking Events to each other sending and (their respective) receiving events can be linked by giving them the same name.
- Of course you could also use a message flow to link the upper pool's message sending event with the lower pool's message receiving event.
- Note: The behavior for signals is equivalent, except that they can trigger more than one process instance.