Goals of the lesson
- Knowing what a recurrent time instant is and how it is being set up
Model 1c accords with Model 1a. The only difference is that we use Recurring Time Instants to determine the start event's inter-arrival time.
Figure 1: Model 1c - Time Instants for Start Events / IYOPRO-Link
To setup the Recurrent Time Instant for this diagram do the following:
- Make sure, you selected the Simulation option from the Property Set drop-down-box.
- Click the Timer Start Event
- Click the button right of the empty field of the Inter-arrival Time option under the Must-Have-Properties
- The Time Editor shows up. Now select Time Instant from the drop-down-box in the top left corner of the Time Editor.
- In the drop-down-down-box right to the caption "1. Recurrence" select Hourly, which means that every hour exactly one time instant will be scheduled (respectively the time instant will recur every hour), which will then trigger the start event.
- Now select an end (or stop) criteria. We will leave it to Open end, which signalizes the simulation, that the time instant will recur every hour until the simulation has stopped. But we could also specify a stop criteria
- by amount: The time instant will stop recurring after the given number
- by time: The time instant will stop recurring after the given time is exceeded
The picture below depicts the Time Editor in Recurring Time Instant mode after we configured it. Note that the Time Editor offers you a consecutive recurrence when you select one of the latter stop criteria.
Figure 2: IYOPRO's Time Editor in Time Instant Perspective