Goals of this session
- Visibility of variables - Which elements can access a defined variable?
In this context the scope or visibility of a variable means its accessibility throughout the simulation.
- Variables are accessible / visible, when they are defined.
- The variables x and y from Lesson: Assigning Process Variables are visible from the first activity on throughout the whole process
- This means, if we would have defined them at any activity behind the exclusive gateway, they would not be visible at the gateway
- So, the simulation would not have been able to make a decision based on those variables
- The naming of the variables is almost free, but still there are claimed or forbidden names, that cannot be used.
- When using the Python language please refer to the Python documentation for claimed or forbidden names.
- When using the F(x) language you will get a list of already claimed names below the expression field (Functions and Constants)