Goals of this lesson
- Usage of Data Objects (to transfer information)
Model 3d uses a Data Object to transfer data to the process instance.
- The first activity defines the variables x = 3 and y = 4
- In the data object we define x = 5 in the Expression field (see the highlighted area in the figure below)
- The Data Association from the data object to the second activity tells the activity to read data, that has been defined in the data object.
- Therefore the former x-value gets overwritten.
- To test this, we set up the conditions at the exclusive gateways like this:
- Upper Edge: x < y
- Bottom Edge x > y
- After running the simulation, the report will tell you, that x indeed has been overwritten.
Note: Of course you can also write data into a Data Object by inverting the Data Association's direction.
Figure 2: Simulation Properties of a Data Object (Expression property highlighted)